ESNZ COVID COMPETITION ROUND UP FOR EVENTS THE WEEK OF 15 FEBRUARY 2021
Equestrian Sport NZ is today working with the organising committees of events across all disciplines to establish this week’s events status list.
As of 11.59pm last night, Auckland went into Covid Alert Level 3 with the rest of the country in Alert Level 2. At this stage, these levels will remain in place until midnight on Wednesday but are subject to daily review by the Government.
As you will all be well aware L3 and L2 covid status provides organising committees with some challenges and all have different complexities to deal with. Of utmost importance is everyone’s safety – this includes riders, officials, volunteers, sponsors and spectators.
Under Level 3, events cannot occur in the Auckland region. Under Level 2, there are numerous guidelines to be followed. These can be found at here.
ESNZ has collated a list below of the event statuses for this week and will update it as soon as any events change their view. If you want to know about an event and it is missing from the list it will be because we don’t have that information at this stage.
As we move forward it is possible decisions may need to be made about next week’s events and beyond. ESNZ will keep you updated.
At this point in time, Land Rover Horse of the Year 2021 (March 9-14) will be going ahead as planned. The health and wellbeing of competitors and spectators is the number one priority so Land Rover Horse of the Year, like all of NZ, will be monitoring the Covid-19 situation closely and will advise of any changes. For all Land Rover Horse of the Year inquiries please check the Land Rover HOY website and facebook channels for updates. www.hoy.kiwi
FOR EVENTS SCHEDULED IN THE WEEK OF 15 – 21 FEBRUARY PLEASE SEE BELOW.
- Southland – is likely to run under L2.
The following will be reviewed on Wednesday.
- Eastern Bay of Plenty
- SCNO at Waimate
- North Canterbury
- Waitemata – cannot run under L3
North Island Championships scheduled for 26-28 February is under review and will decide as this week progresses.
- Canterbury (two-day competition) – can run under L2 conditions.
- Open Development Camp is postponed.
- Matamata CCI-S – Committee will make a decision after the announcement on Wednesday.
- Canterbury CCN-S – Committee meeting Monday night to discuss options
Jumping and Show Hunter
- Takapoto – first week is cancelled. Will make a decision about following week after Wednesday. https://www.takapotoestateshowjumping.co.nz/pages/riders
- Feilding – going ahead at this stage.
- Show Hunter Waitemata – cannot run in L3, will make a decision after further government announcements. facebook.com/ShowhunterWaitemata
- Marlborough Show Hunter – entries close today then they will make a decision.
For further information please contact ESNZ on 04 499 8994.